Thursday, January 12, 2012

An account of my day from a somewhat feverish mind

I am siiiccckkk....ugh.  My fever is spiking again.  It did this last night, too.  It stays in the 99.somethings all day long and under control but for some reason at night moves into the 100s and even went to 101 last night.  Writing about being sick is almost as boring as writing about the weather, so...I'll move on.

Maybe you'd like to hear about what I did today while I was sick?

  • Worked on potty-training James  I've been setting the timer and sitting him on the toilet regularly, trying to catch him at the moment of needing to go so I could praise him and reinforce what he was supposed to do.  I never succeeded in catching him at the right moment, but...
  • We read a lot of books today.  Instead of turning a movie on for him while we waited for him to go, I decided to read him a few books.  This was a good idea because he wanted to sit up on the potty and read all day.  It was also a bad idea because he wanted to sit up on the potty and read all day.  He would run up to me, grab my hand, and pull me into the bathroom, saying, "Book!  Book!"  I persevered in reading because I'm happy to encourage his love of reading, and now he obviously thinks the toilet is the place to do that.
  • I took Tylenol every four hours.
  • I took Mucinex for chest congestion every four hours.  
  • I coughed a lot.
  • I blew my nose.
  • I finished a birthday DVD for Hillary!  Her birthday is Friday.
  • I washed the dishes.  Dishes still have to be washed even when you're sick.
  • I made the bed and cleaned up the den.  It felt good to move around a bit even though I felt bad.
  • I put in a load of laundry.
  • I've read some of The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Maybe that's it?  Maybe that's slightly boring, but we're surviving around here and hoping I'll be feeling even better tomorrow.  I have a birthday to celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at your accomplishments, especially while you're under the weather. Great job persevering with the potty training - and reading - while you aren't feeling well; that's HUGE!

    I love you, and I think it's really fun that you & Hillary have birthdays so close together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie. :) I did what I had to do, I guess. Resting on the couch isn't really an option unless I want James climbing all over me while I do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Katie, I am impressed with all you did while running a fever and coughing. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete