Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Week Before Kindergarten

I've been trying to plan special activities and to spend a little extra time with Ella during this week before Kindergarten.  I've also been working everyone into an earlier bedtime since she will have to start waking up earlier to go to school.  KJ and I were laughing that I might have to start using an alarm again.  I haven't had to do that in five years.  I've always had a baby to wake me up in the morning.  I'm not sure I'll really need an alarm, though.  I went to bed on time myself last night and was up by 6:10 naturally, so I don't think it will be a problem.


Monday I painted Ella's toenails (that's an important thing to take care of before school starts, don't you think?), and we went to Wal-Mart to purchase a thermos.  She picked out one shaped like a Crayola crayon.  Very apropos.  



Yesterday we went to the library for story time.  For some reason they didn't actually have story time yesterday so after a trip to the fountain, returning books, and picking out new books and movies, it was time to take our leave.  James was not using his library voice.

Since Ella's mom has made photography a habit, Ella has taken to saying things like, "Why don't I lean up against this tree and you take my picture?"  On an agreeable day she's quite the little model. 

During James' nap we did a little scrap-booking.  She's getting very good with her glue stick.   


It is hard to think of letting my girl out of my oversight from 8-3 p.m. every day, but it has done wonders for my prayer life.  I don't think I've ever prayed so much before this.  I'm praying for Ella, for her friends, and for her teacher.  Focusing on rational requests helps keep irrational fears at bay.  It is definitely going to be a big transition for our family, but I am hoping it will be good one.  

3 comments:

  1. "Focusing on rational requests helps keep irrational fears at bay." That is a really, really good point, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying along with you, my friend. Have I told you lately that I miss you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, David, and thank you for your prayers, Molly. They are much appreciated, and I definitely miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete