Thursday, August 18, 2011

It is your life.

I was reminded this morning of these words from Deuteronomy (a book I have loved since studying it in my mom's Sunday School class in college):  "Take to your heart all the words with which I am warning you today, which you shall command your sons to observe carefully, even all the words of this law.  For it is not an idle word for you; indeed it is your life".  


Ella's school has a verse they are encouraged/required to memorize each week.  Memorization is so good for your mind, and when it's God's Word, good for your heart and life as well.  I sent the paper with the verse typed on it with KJ to leave in his car so he can work on it with her on the ride to school each morning.  I asked her this morning how it was coming, and she did very well with a little encouragement at a few parts.


You will make known to me the path of life;
in Your presence is fullness of joy;
in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
- Psalm 16:11 -

I love hearing God's Word come from her lips.  These words are not idle for us, but they are our life.  

My Little School girl

No comments:

Post a Comment