Monday, August 15, 2011

Our Weekend


The cousins are in town.  
We enjoyed a fun Saturday morning of Slip n' Slide fun with them.

Yesterday was an interesting Sunday with unexpected twists and turns.
I missed the morning service because I walked by the nursery and saw my son, miserable and crying, a result of his too-early wake time.  
I couldn't ignore him in that condition, so I tried to rock him and let him rest.

Of course, this resulted in the same thing that happened a couple of weeks ago.
A 15-minute cat nap in Mommy's arms made it hard to go down for a nap at the normal time when we got home, which made him finally collapse later in the afternoon.

I forgot to press "Start" on my crock pot Sunday morning.
This resulted in a cold roast when we came home from church.

There were redeeming qualities to the day, though.
I played Rummikub and Uno with Ella.
She likes games, and she's good at them, too.

James' late nap gave me some time to spend with a neighbor,
who I've wanted to spend time with for awhile.

By the end of the day, I was too tired for multitasking.
I simply watched a movie on the couch with my husband.
It was nice.

Now we're off to a new week of school and me trying to figure out what to do with my early-waking boy.  Back to two naps (like we did on Saturday)?  I'm not sure, but I don't like being unsure.  It makes it hard to plan outings.  We've got cousins to visit.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Lynn ~
    Thank you for making visiting with us such a priority. It means the world to us, and we love every minute with you and yours. Thank you, also, for all of the wonderful pictures. I look forward to - hopefully! - more tomorrow . . . hopefully a cooperative photo subject, that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,
    I'm a friend and follower of Katie's blog. I was wondering what program you use to edit photos....they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Brittany. Someone gave me an old copy of Photoshop Elements 7 last summer, so I've been learning how to use it the past year. I really like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete