Monday, February 14, 2011

"I can't give you anything but love, BABY!"

Is it too predictable to write about Valentine's Day today?  Yes, it is.  But, oh well.  I can't help it.  Valentine's Day has never been something that has meant a lot to me, but it is fun to be given a reason to celebrate love.  So, we're celebrating all different kinds of love around here this weekend.  

  • We're celebrating a love of old movies.


Laura

Favorite quote from a man at a party?
"Laura, dear, I cannot stand these morons any longer.  
If you don't come with me this instant, I shall run amok."

KJ's going to try that one next time we're out.

Rear Window

Favorite moment from a friend who was watching it for the first time?
His response to this scene:


This is not for show.
He was really nervous.
To be fair, it's pretty intense.

  • We're celebrating the love of grandparents who sent money and a Valentine card. 
Thank you, B.P. and Debbo!

  • We're celebrating the love between a father and his son.
(or a shared love of Golden Grahams; I'm not sure which.)

  • We're celebrating the love of a friend who's going to watch our kids while I get my hair done and go out with my husband.

  • In keeping with the sermon we heard last night, we're going to try to love God's Word more.
Your words were found and I ate them,
and Your words became for me a joy and the 
delight of my heart; for I have been called
by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.
-Jeremiah 15:16-

All in all, a day full of celebrating love, don't you think?  I'm most excited about the sunny, spring-like weather we get to love this week.  I think it's going to be a good day, and I hope you enjoy the things you love wherever you are.


3 comments:

  1. Old movies Pughside for the win.

    Rear Window is intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good directing deserves good, emotional responses. I regret nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Wish we could watch old movies with you guys again this weekend!

      Delete