Monday, February 28, 2011

On Eagle's Wings

My dad likes to visit Guntersville State Park during the month of January in hopes of catching a glimpse of the bald eagles spending the winter in Alabama.  He's seen some beauties in the past month.




And now I have a song in my head...

And God will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine as the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His hand.
(Michael Joncas, The version in my head is by Justin Barnard.)

Or, as my father included in his e-mail...

Yet those who wait for the LORD will
gain new strength; they will mount up
with wings like eagles; they will run and 
not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.
- Isaiah 40:31 -

I'm glad to start my day with that word undergirding my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment