Friday, February 18, 2011

The Screwtape Letters

I picked this book up yesterday, and it's so easy to read that I've kept on reading.  I think you'll probably be seeing several excerpts from me today.  I love the way Lewis's mind worked/(works?  since he's still alive and thinking better than he ever did in the shadowlands?).


Never forget that when we are dealing with
any pleasure in its healthy and normal and
satisfying form, we are, in a sense, on the
Enemy's ground.  I know we have won many
a soul through pleasure.  All the same, it is His
invention, not ours.  He made the pleasures:  all
our research so far has not enabled us to produce
one.  All we can do is to encourage the humans
to take the pleasures which our Enemy has produced,
at times, or in ways, or in degrees, which He has forbidden.


No comments:

Post a Comment