Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another First

My Ella is not too big on changes or anything new (she's a bit like her Daddy in this respect).  She is four-years-old and never had a real haircut...until today.  A few months ago she allowed me to trim it, and she then informed me that I would be the only one allowed to cut her hair.  Great.  Because I've NEVER cut hair in my life.  But the first little trim I gave it came out okay, so I bought some real hair-cutting scissors at Wal-Mart a couple of days ago and prepared to cut her hair this afternoon.


Unfortunately, I started cutting it much shorter than I really intended to do.  It was also a bit uneven.  I knew if I kept cutting I would probably make it worse so I went ahead and dried it.  I loved how it flipped out and how healthy it looked, but...it was sadly uneven.



I then proceeded to make it worse by trying to fix it, and it was at that point that KJ placed an emergency phone call to dear, SWEET Gilda, a member of our church (who you saw cutting James' hair).  She told KJ to bring Ella right over and fixed her 'do.  It's now shorter than we intended but oh-so-cute.  And the best part of it all?  ELLA IS HAPPY WITH IT.  And that is about all that matters to me.


1 comment:

  1. LOL. Glad it had a good outcome! And bravo to you Lynn for trying! I have a feeling I'd have had a similar outcome if I'd tried something beyond a trim around Caleb's ears. :-) Ella looks cute with her short hair!

    ReplyDelete