Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Downtown

I woke up to this gorgeous, sunny, and very cold day with a thankful heart for God's new mercies and excited about a trip DOWN--TOWN.  You know, I never cared very much for Petula Clark singing that song, but ever since season three of LOST, it can't help but be a favorite.  We listen to it quite frequently when we head out on the town.


You may not be able to tell, but James is bobbing up and down to the music.
Before it started he was fussing about being in the car seat. 
"Music hath charms...".
Try not to notice how dirty my window is, 
but DO notice how sweet Ella is holding James' hand.
(And just in case you're wondering, I took this while at a
stop light; I don't take pictures while I drive.)

I was excited to be able to take the kids to story time at the library this morning.  It became a good opportunity to reinforce the command, "Be still," to James because all he wanted to do was this:


I really love story time.  We read Valentine's Day books and danced, sang, and skipped.  Who doesn't love that?


After the library we headed to Wal-Mart to buy essential items like juice and goldfish then headed for home.  It was past time for James' nap, and he was readily admitting to it.  As I pushed the buggy through the store his whines got a little more insistent, and I said, "Night, night?"  To which sweet James replied, "Nigh', nigh'," in a very pathetic little voice.  Home we came.  While he napped I chopped up some vegetables for our dinner (which always makes me feel super-industrious).

Guess what's for dinner...

BEEF!

Those are pretty much the results of our trip out today. 

For who has despised the day of small things?
- Zechariah 4:10a -

(Hopefully not me.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my sister!! David gave me the gift of some more internet time. Your blog was first on my list :) I LOVE Ella's hair, and James is too fun! I can't wait for he and Claire to be together again. (and Ella and JD, of course! :) Your pictures are great, and I'm missing you so much. Can't wait for another phone chat. Love to you all from all of us.

    ReplyDelete