Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Union to the Advantage of Both

She began now to comprehend that he was 
exactly the man who, in disposition and talents
would most suit her.  His understanding and temper, though unlike her own, would have answered all her wishes.  It was a union that must have been to the advantage of both:  by her ease and liveliness, his mind might have been softened, his manners improved; and from his judgment, information, and knowledge of the world, she must have received benefit of greater importance.
- from Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Austen

I feel that this is not only true of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy but of KJ and myself.
I sure do love that man (and the benefit of greater importance I've received by joining my life to his.).



2 comments:

  1. had just a minute of technology. i love all the pictures! i love all of the Pughs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Lynn. Such a great picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete