Monday, November 8, 2010

What a Weekend!

"Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it."
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 -


Whew...the last few days have been nonstop for us Pughs, which has been fun but is definitely not the norm for us.


Hillary came into town for the weekend late Thursday night, and we have been on-the-go since then.  She has been planning this weekend  home for over a month, and it just so happened that several other events fell on this weekend, too.  After lunch on Friday we took the kids over to KJ's parents house to visit with Hillary's mom, sisters and nephew, as well as the Kizziah clan.  We had a really great visit, but Katie had a hard time getting the children to cooperate for a group picture.  You should definitely take a look at her pictures of 5 2nd cousins on a couch.  I have to give a big thank you to Bethany for letting me borrow some of Sterling's clothes.  James looked super-cute walking down the hallways of the church yesterday morning.  I didn't get a picture of him with his little white shoes with bells (thanks, Aunt Katie!), but he was adorable.  His walking has improved so much during the first week of this new adventure.  


I had just taken his bib off; it obviously wasn't up to the job.

Ella and James spent the afternoon and night with Big Daddy and T while KJ and I were able to attend Secret Church with several friends.  There is no way I could summarize all that was learned about the Body of Christ, but it was really great having 5 hours of teaching.  We actually left early at 11:15 p.m. before the last session started so I'm not sure what time it ended.  That was my first time to attend Secret Church and to hear David Platt speak, and I was very encouraged.


Going to Secret Church

It's a really long night.  Everyone needs a shoulder rub.



I pulled myself from the bed at 9 a.m. Saturday morning (in context, keep in mind I didn't go to bed until nearly 2 a.m.) to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a birthday gift for Ella to take to a party.  I'm so grateful for Mama T helping me with my children so much this weekend so that I could be free on Friday and Saturday.  T took Ella to the party, and I took James home for his morning nap while Hillary and I prepared the house for a birthday party for a friend on Saturday night.  It was a lot of fun.

Happy Birthday to Kim!



   
                                         
I'm glad we had an extra hour Sunday morning, because I definitely needed it.  It was the third really late night in a row for me, and my body was starting to feel it.  Not only did we have late nights but really busy days, as well.  I left with James after Sunday School with a raging headache that thankfully went away after 4 ibuprofen and 1 hour of burying my head in a pillow.  After lunch we attended the celebration service of our friend, Christian Schimdt, where KJ read Scripture.  We have both been so affected by his life and death, though I have not tried to add my words to the many being written about him.  The above link is his obituary, written by his older brother, Caleb.  It gives a taste of what the Lord worked so graciously in Christian during his 21 years.


It has been a very eventful weekend, and I am very thankful for fellowship we had with other believers, but I'm also very thankful to have a "normal" day at home.     

No comments:

Post a Comment