Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Cold in the Head

Tonight I had the kind of night where you're trying to make supper with your 4-year-old, and your beginning walker is hanging on to your pants' leg crying.  After you quiet him with a cup of juice, he promptly spills it on your newly-mopped floor and begins to play in it.  Meanwhile the timer is going off, and you need to check on the Belgian waffles.  Take one waffle out, and put more mix in, and your toddling darling has a messy diaper with something leaking out the side, so you go to change it, and he cries tears of pain because his diaper rash is back, and it burns.  Beep, beep, beep.  Your waffle is ready.  Hurriedly fasten the clean diaper and rush to the kitchen again.  Sigh.  Now, add to all of that a drippy nose, and that's about the kind of night I had.  I'm glad the children are asleep, and I'm glad tomorrow is a new day.

4 comments:

  1. I heart you. I get it, you know:) Have a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn. This post made me laugh so hard and want to hug you all at the same time. You probably don't remember me, but I'm friends with Josh and Nicole and my dad and JM used to work together. Anyway, he sent me your blog a while back and I love it SO very much. Anyway, my little girl has crazy skin and last year she had a HORRIBLE rash. I tried a paste called Triple Paste (from CVS, Buy Buy Baby, etc) and it worked WONDERS- better than the others, including aquaphor. So, I'm always quick to tell folks about it....that is, if you need a new remedy!

    Love reading your blog! Those sweet babies are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Falyn. We all have those days, right? And if we don't find the humor in them, maybe we'd all go crazy. :)

    Did we meet at a party or at Josh's wedding, HB? Maybe I would remember you then. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. I peeked over at yours, and it looks delightful as well. Thanks for the tip on the paste. :)

    ReplyDelete