Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books Are Better

This morning the kids and I made a trip to the library in the rain.  Normally I wouldn't go in inclement weather, but I had an overdue library book again.  KJ said we were going to have to make a line item in our budget for library fines.  I'm so ashamed.  But on the other hand, I feel good about donating money to the local library.  They're probably the best non-profit institution around.  But I digress.  


Ella found a collection of Pixar movie stories and sat down to read them at a table while I browsed through juvenile fiction (It's been a while, and I thought I would see what was new.)  A few moments later she ran up to me and exclaimed, "Mom!  Cars is in here!  Now I don't have to watch the movie anymore because I can read the book!"  Oh, my sweet girl, you are right.  Books are pretty nearly always better than the movie.  



1 comment: