Friday, November 12, 2010

Middle of the Week Fun

Whenever a few days go by without my posting I feel the need to give an update on what's been going on, although I'm sure that's not really necessary.  I would say that the last couple of days have been busy but not with anything huge or out of the ordinary.  But if you've ever stayed at home with small children, you understand that anything other than staying at home with small children creates a much busier day for you with no time for unessentials like blogging.  

Wednesday night was our monthly ladies' Bible study and fellowship meal.  In order to be able to get ready for that during James' afternoon nap, I had to start the day off with an early-morning trip to The Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart to buy presents for Operation Shoebox and groceries.  We were out way past James' usual morning nap time, but he really handled it well.  Ella had a good time picking out presents for a little girl, and threw no fits when she was told she would have to wait until Christmas for the myriad number of things she admired on the shelves at Wal-Mart.  Good girl.  On a side note, I think I discovered that Wednesday morning is the perfect time to go to Wal-Mart.  All the shelves were freshly stocked, and thus they had everything I wanted, and I got steaks on sale.  Score.

Wednesday night was a good time of meditating on the attributes of God from A-Z led by my mother-in-law.  It was a good practice in thanksgiving followed by a time of fellowship.  I was not able to sit and talk to anyone for any length of time, however, due to my veteran walker of a week and a half.  James would take off out the door and down the hall at any given moment.  He's a little explorer at heart.  While talking with a man in our church about James, he shared of his sister searching for his young nephews once, only to find them on the roof of their house.  Great.  

Thursday was KJ's day off, and I got up with the kids, but he let me go back to bed later for another hour or so.  I know it's technically his day off, but it's like my day off, too, because I don't really get a day off unless I leave the house or town.  I enjoyed my extra hour of shut-eye very much.  

I had to take James to the doctor's office for two vaccinations right after lunch.  He has never cried much with shots, but yesterday he did.  I could tell it was not so much in pain but out of offense.  He was greatly offended at having his temperature taken rectally and then stuck in the leg twice.  He cried very reproachfully, and who could blame him?  When we arrived home my dad was waiting, and we visited for a few minutes here before Ella and I joined him on an outing to Wal-Mart and Sam's where I picked out a new phone.  Hooray!  It is supposed to arrive by FedEx today, and I am excited about it. The best part was that the one I wanted ended up being free at Sam's this time around.  It was fun getting to spend time with Dad.

When Ella and I got home we began preparations for an impromptu "party," very informal, just a few friends (for all you Harvey lovers).  KJ had been hanging out with some college guys during the afternoon, and a couple of them returned when they heard we were having steak.  We had a great time of conversation, and I must say I enjoy having my table full.  I'm so thankful for the people God has placed in our lives at this time.  God has been so good to us.  

5 comments:

  1. You're such a great writer, and I love reading about your daily adventures, no matter what their size. Glad it's been a good week and can't wait to hang out this weekend. Love to the Pughs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. of course they returned when they heard you were having steak!

    thanks for reading my Veteran's Day posts. I think the small fbook break has really hurt my blog hits. ;)

    Thanks for taking my calls and bestowing your wisdom amidst a busy few days :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog; it's a bright spot in the internets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies. You guys are so sweet. Your blogs make up my daily reading, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete