Friday, August 20, 2010

A Week of Quietness

Last week was very busy preparing for Jesse's wedding, and it has been nice to have no big events to plan for this week (even though I enjoy wedding weekends immensely).  I've enjoyed the rest, and I really haven't even done much housework.  All I've wanted to do is work on editing pictures and video from the weekend.  I've spent a lot of time in front of the computer.  I try to get motivated to do other things, but the draw of movie-creating has been much stronger than the call of laundry (though the call of laundry is becoming increasingly louder from the direction of my closet).  


Tonight I've been listening to James cry a lot.  I'm not really sure what is going on with him.  I keep thinking he has given up and gone to sleep but then I hear a few more cries from his bedroom.  I've spent the majority of the past two hours alternating between rocking and laying him down.  I've tried giving him some milk and staying up a little longer, but he threw a royal fit, complete with the throwing back of his head.  At least Ella has been very pleasant tonight.  KJ had to go to the University for a college fair, so I have been alone with the kids.  Hmmm...fun things about Ella today:



  • She's gotten into the habit of saying, "Would you excuse me?" when she needs to leave the room to go to the bathroom.  I don't think I taught her that.  I'm not sure where she picked it up.  She said it today while she was playing computer games.  
  • She went to the library with me today, and part of her preparation was gathering her purse and her sunglasses.  She looked so incredibly cute.  I wish I'd had my camera.  
  • She sat quietly at a table reading beside me.   When she finished with her books she read a magazine.  
  • She told me I was a really good mommy and that tomorrow she would give me a hug and lots of kisses.
  • She likes to match me at night when we get ready for bed.
I guess to be fair, James is pretty cute, too, despite his crying for the past hour.  He has finally succeeded in learning to clap his hands correctly.  He has had different versions of clapping for the past few months, and in the past few days he has finally gotten it down.  He claps about everything.  He claps when I bring him food to the table, when I open the car door to take him out of his car seat, when he hears music, and pretty much whenever he sees my face.  He is the most precious boy in the world.  So, that is about all that's been going on this week.  I'm pretty glad about that.

This is James under the table last week.
He loves to go under things.  Today he succeeded in crawling all the way under the buffet in the kitchen.
It took some serious ducking skills.


One of my favorite edits from the week

1 comment:

  1. I love my niece and nephew, my creative, talented sister, and my heart-for-ministry brother! Hoping to see you all soon :)

    ReplyDelete