Thursday, August 5, 2010

A New Day

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think tomorrow is 
a new day with no mistakes in it?"
- Anne, Anne of Green Gables -

I am sitting in the quiet of my kitchen with only James for company this morning.  Thankfully, Ella is still sleeping, and James slept until 6:45.  It's not often I get to start my days like this, and it's nice to have some quiet to mentally prepare for my day.  What do I want to accomplish?  What can I do differently and better?  as a mother?  as a wife?  for myself? 

Last night at church I heard a good quote about how it's not enough to just say you are going to be different or change something about yourself.  We need new and greater passions to take the place of the old ones.  I am hoping to do some replacing of old affections today.  

Another thought occurred to me last night after church.  (On a side note, isn't it amazing what changes happen in your heart and mind when you hear the Word of God explained?  I'm so glad I'm starting to get out more.)  What would it look like in my life (and most importantly, my heart) if I lived in the following way from the heart:

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.  You are serving the Lord Christ."
- Colossians 3:23-24 -

Ella is now awake, so the meditating must end and the serving begin.  I've already been multi-tasking, feeding James a banana as I write.  Now it's off to fix drink and make breakfast for the girl.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. Thank you for this most blessed encouragement to my heart today.

    ReplyDelete