Friday, August 27, 2010

James

I have seen so many signs of James' growing up this past week, and I am so proud of all his new accomplishments.  Ella's first year seemed to go by slower because she was all I had to focus my attention on, but with two, I feel like I am just waking up to the fact that he is nearly one, and he is supposed to be doing and achieving more.  He is not just my sweet, cuddly baby (although he still loves to cuddle and sing with his mama).  


I let Ella practice holding her own sippy cup a lot starting at 7-8 months old, but James being a messy little boy who slings liquid everywhere and turns the cup upside down to chew on it, has not been allowed the same privilege.  And since we've been nursing, he hasn't really needed the cup that much.  But we are in the process of weaning, so he has been drinking milk from his cup more frequently in the past couple of weeks.  A couple of days ago, he just took it out of my hands and started throwing it back like an old pro.  I was taken aback, because he hasn't had much practice.  


I found him under the table drinking juice when I came inside from my walk.
(KJ was home.)

When Ella was about this age she would always play contentedly in whatever room of the house I was in.  This usually involved emptying a cabinet of its contents.  James has not done any of that yet.  He is too busy exploring.  But tonight, I had my pajama drawer open trying to find Ella something to sleep in (more on that later), and here's what we caught James happily doing.


He was having a big time.


He's playing his new favorite game (first favorite game?), "Where's James?"
A couple of days ago after his bath he started pulling the towel over his face and then pulling it down.
"Where's James?"


"There he is!"

And since I couldn't get the video to load of him pushing the grocery cart:



I know I say this in every post about James, but he is such a precious little boy.  I love him so.





4 comments:

  1. He's growing up! I love the "Where's James" pictures! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these. He is so adorable!!It takes away the ache of not seeing him. I am with KJ on the last picture of Ella-girl, she looks so grown up. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Lynn! Such sweet & funny pictures of your beautiful children! Ella does, indeed, look so growny! Miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love not-so-"baby"-anymore James! He is wonderful! Such an advanced boy in all of his skills :) Can't wait to see him again soon...and the rest of you guys!

    ReplyDelete