Monday, August 23, 2010

Waiting Room

I am sitting in the waiting room at the OBGYN feeling very hip because I was able to connect to the internet and write a blog post while I wait.  I know I'm old-school, but I don't get out of the house much with my laptop.  So using free WI-FI still feels cool to me.  And I still remember what it felt like to not be able to get the internet to work from time to time, so this is fun.  It definitely makes waiting better.  So, besides that, what in the world do I have to write about?  Not a lot.


My big plans for this week include a lot of piano practicing.  That is not something I do very regularly anymore, but I am playing this weekend  for a ladies' retreat at our church.  I have a lot of new songs to learn, so that will be exciting and challenging for me.  I might move the keyboard out of Ella's room, where it is currently residing so I can practice when the kids are in bed.  


I feel so boring today to all you faithful readers.  But I suppose boring is good.  We are just enjoying the simple pleasures in our family today.  For the moment, all is well.


I have been thinking a lot about sweet Ella lately.  Four years ago this week was her due date.  She wasn't in a hurry so this is not her birth week, but we were anxiously awaiting.  KJ's mom came up to Louisville early because she was so excited.  I did a lot of sitting on the couch waiting for something to happen.  My, how my life has changed in the past 4 years!  Motherhood changes everything.  


Coming down the stairs to go be induced with Ella




3 comments:

  1. I even enjoy your "boring" posts :-), and it IS cool to work on a blog post while waiting in the doctor's office. You must have been the envy of the waiting room, being young, attractive, not suffering pregnancy discomfort, and online.

    Love you.

    K.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny . . . I agree with K.J. Though I remember that day well, I can't believe you were on your way to be induced . . . You looked GREAT! Glad all is well and wish I could hear you play this weekend. I know you will be a blessing. Oh the many talents of Lynn Pugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And can't believe Ella is about to be FOUR!!

    ReplyDelete