Thursday, March 8, 2012

An Important Anniversary

One year ago today the UPS man brought me a wonderful gift...and it's hardly been out of my hands since then.  Happy anniversary Canon Rebel T2i!!  I'm looking forward to many more.

The first picture taken with my new camera

I'm a fan of looking back over past days and seasons of my life.  Back in the day when I kept a diary I liked to look back and see what I was doing and feeling and thinking on that same day the previous year.  In fact, I was kind of in a nostalgic mood all day yesterday.

I was reading some of Ella's books to James and remembering reading them to Ella's two-year-old self...I saw the full moon on the way to Wal-Mart and remembered the first full moon I spent with KJ...I saw Keifer Sutherland on the cover of TV Guide and felt nostalgic for the days when 24 came on television...which made me remember when Hillary used to come in after class on Monday nights, and we'd eat dinner and spend an hour with Jack...which then made me remember planning a LOST finale party with Hillary when I was 4 months pregnant with James, and how he's now 2 1/2, and where did the time go?  Yes, it was definitely a nostalgic day.  

So in the spirit of looking back, and celebrating my months with such a faithful companion, here's a picture taken on the 8th of every month since 3.28.2011.  There were only a couple of months I had to use a picture from the 7th or 9th day of the month.  I told you me and Canon have been pretty inseparable this year.  

April
This picture makes me happy because the grass is thick and green, and I'm only a month away from my backyard looking like that again.  It makes me sad because look at baby James!  Look at those curls, and that belly, and those baby legs.  Also, he's still drooling.

May
This was Mother's Day, and I stayed home from church with James who was sick.
I think this is a precious picture, and the only thing I would do differently is take a little yellow out of that grass...it is hurting my eyes.

June
Polished fingernails

July
I took some pictures of David to send to Hillary in Nashville.

August
I looked up and noticed James' little toes, and my heart melted.  It's a mom thing.

September
I love this picture.  Look how beautiful the sun's rays are coming through the tree!  I also love Ella's expression.

October
Granny and one of her great-grandchildren at a cousin's wedding

November
I absolutely love this picture, too.  I'm so glad we went out that morning...even if he did get a runny nose afterwards from playing in the leaves.

December
I love the Christmas lights shining through their goblets and how those two love each other.

January
Precious girls

February
First of all, how is it possible that it's already been one month since I took this picture?
The weeks go by too quickly.  I'm excited that next week is Spring Break, and I'll have the whole week with those two kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment