Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break: Day 1

We've been looking forward to Spring Break around here for a couple of weeks.  It is Spring Break for everyone, and it feels good to be free of extra responsibilities.  The kids spent the night with KJ's parents Sunday night, giving us a quiet Monday morning, which was nice.  I am extremely glad and thankful that the time change happened this week.  It's been very hard to lose an hour, and I think we would have all been miserable on Monday morning if we'd had to get up early for work and school.

I picked the kids up about mid-morning, and we went to the library and Target.  They were good trips but also quite hectic because of James' age and busy-ness.  They require a lot of discipline and teaching that left me emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted by the time we made it home.  I put him down for a nap and took a nap myself (which is rare for me).  Sweet Ella worked on an art project and caught up on the Nickelodeon she's missed while being at school.  

The afternoon brought a return of good spirits, but there is definitely a lot of sibling discipline that has to go on, mostly caused by James' desire to do every little thing that Ella does.  When Ella asked to put on her new sandals (a Target purchase) and go outside I was happy to send them both to the backyard.

Sandals!  It is officially Spring.

Ella played happily with a ball for approximately 1 minute before she accidentally kicked it over the fence.  No other toy would do after that until she came inside and said, "Can we play in the sprinkler??"  I looked up the temp, and it was only 70, but...I came to the conclusion it would make them happy and give me a few minutes of quiet.  I got 20 minutes to clean up the toys in James' room, and they got 20 minutes of complete childhood happiness with no arguments or whining.  Win win.  Win.


Always my favorite thing about photography:  expressions like that.

Joy

We're slipping back into our pre-school routine of going out every other day, I think.  Today's agenda will include housework and relaxed playing, I think.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment