Thursday, March 29, 2012

All About James

I've been realizing afresh how quickly time goes by and how all those little moments I enjoy and treasure with my kids, that I thank God for and mark in my mind, eventually are forgotten if I don't write them down.  Every little stage is precious and so fleeting.  


When I look back over my own life I see all the seasons that are over:  childhood, high school, college, early marriage, first-born child, etc.  Now I have a school-age child, and I've entered a new season that will pass so quickly, too.  


With that being said, I was feeling the need to record the accomplishments and growth of my kids like I did during the first year of James' life.  


Smiling up at his daddy

James has been so much fun lately.  I love this stage that brings the blossoming of language.   It's the stage where for a while I do whatever they ask and give them whatever they want because they're communicating, and it's so new and amazing.  Ella used to get a lot of things at Wal-Mart during this stage until I realized I was the mom and could/should sometimes say, "No."  

James has always been a talker (just like his sister was), and I understand more and more of it.  He also repeats whatever we say quite frequently.  Yesterday something happened to him, and I said, "Bless your heart," which made him start saying over and over, "Bess yo haaarrt."  He laughs and runs and plays and loves to be with his sister.  He wants to do whatever she's doing, which brings its own set of problems, but they have a lot of fun together nonetheless.  

James especially loves puzzles right now, and he's really good at putting them together.  He recognizes the numbers 1-10, he recognizes all of the letters (most of the time), and says his name quite well.  After Nickelodeon premiered the new show Mike the Knight, he frequently runs through the house, stops and puts his hands on his hips, and says with authority, "I'm a knight!"  


When you tell him you love him, he replies, "I-lu-you, too."  He loves to go outside, but this time of year it still gives him a snotty nose.  Don't tell him I told you this, but he's been wearing Ella's high-heel shoes a lot during the day when she's gone.  He loves to read books, and he prefers to have mama put him to bed instead of daddy.  He's imaginative and has a lot of energy.  He's full-speed ahead most of the time.

KJ said, "James!  It's time to go!"
James said, "No!"
I captured his, "no."

I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment