Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thankfulness

It's 6:50 on a Sunday morning, and I've already been up for an hour.  Sometimes I just wake up early.  I've been spending some time giving thanks.  Here's a list for March if you'd like to join along.  I needed to catch up on the last week of February.  I realized again last night that without consciously choosing to give thanks, I slip into complaining at every little thing that inconveniences my plans and desires.  Today's category is "3 things hard to give thanks for."  Sundays can be hard, but I hope there won't be anything too hard.  :)  I can already think of one...it makes me feel foolish, but when I got asked to fill in as Sunday School teacher for the 2-year-old class I must admit thankfulness wasn't the first feeling I had.  


It was really funny, but the last time I filled in there it was my birthday, and I was told they usually had 2 or 3 kids.  There were 7 two-year-olds that I had by myself, and it definitely produced thankfulness that I only had one at home.  Don't get me wrong, they're a joy and fun, but it was chaotic trying to keep them away from the toys while I taught the lesson, keep them from banging toys on chairs, wiping snotty noses, and one little stinker kept coloring on the table every time I turned my back.  Today should be interesting.  But that was one reason I wanted to start the day with thankfulness.  I've found that being thankful really does produce joy in my heart, no matter the number of two-year-olds, and I may or may not be needed to help.  We'll see what happens.


My 2-year-old, checking out our new television

I am so ready for those diapers to be gone,
but you really do have to forget about doing anything 
else to get the potty-training done.

We're working on it.

Me and my girl headed to the grocery store yesterday

We're hosting members of our Mission Community for dinner tonight,
so busy day all around, but it will be good.

I'm thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I missed about half of Feb. but I started March off strong. I've been going half off the list on days that are harder to get going and half of just out of my head:) I'm so happy that we are doing this together...today has been a difficult day for me, thank you for posting this today, and for reminding me that I can only experience one emotion at a time and that when I am practicing thankfulness it is near impossible to experience discontent or of complaint. I needed this. Love you all...
    F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it encouraged you today, Falyn. Marking the moments as gifts during the day is good for my soul, too.

      Delete