Sunday, April 1, 2018

An Easter Sunday Anniversary


Happy Easter!  The above photo was taken last year on Easter Sunday 2017.  That morning I couldn't take a step on my left foot without a searing, stabbing pain shooting up my leg.  It was like walking on glass, which 7 months later we would finally discover was exactly what I was doing with every step.  

I stood in the hallway and cried last Easter Sunday because of the pain and then limped to church and played the piano, limped back home and served Easter Sunday lunch to our family and a guest because that's what grown-ups have to do.  I'm just so thankful that's all over, and I'm especially thankful today, the anniversary of when this saga began.  It's appropriate that it's on a day of resurrection and new life.


This Easter Sunday morning I can take a walk through Paris without pain, and I've never been more thankful for pain-free mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment