Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday Musings, vol. ii

It was a full and busy weekend around here.  It was also a hot one!  We had temperatures in the 80s for a few days in a row, and I'm still exclaiming with joy when I feel the heat of the sun on my skin.



Lua arrived safely and after a little food and rest we went out to see about setting her up with some kind of temporary phone plan.  We both thought it would be difficult to figure out what she needed, but it was the easiest and most efficient experience we've ever had.  We simply went to a kiosk, entered in what kind of SIM card we needed, and it spit it out like a bag of chips from a vending machine.  The man working in the room popped open the phone, put in the new SIM card and voila, Lua has a phone plan for 20 euros a month that she can cancel at any time.  It was amazing.



Rejoicing in the ease of setting up a phone plan in 10 minutes we walked to Tuileries where we bought James some ice cream because the boy does not handle the heat very well.  He never has, and I'm wondering now if it has something to do with his light coloring.  



We walked by the River Seine until going home to make dinner and send Lua to get settled at her AirBandB.  We're so glad she's here.



Saturday morning the girls went to the first meeting of a new book-exchange group.  We all brought a book to share and drew names out of a hat to swap books.  Then I navigated us by myself (with the aid of the transport app) to join K.J. and James at a games afternoon outside the city.  This was a good experience for me because if I'm with K.J. I just follow him and don't pay attention to what we're doing.  It's good to learn how to navigate by myself.  It was a beautiful weekend to introduce Lua to people.



We also had a really lovely night at EIC Ternes getting to know some new visitors.  We're so grateful for all those God is adding to our number.  

Now it's off to start the school day with my children who have been real troopers about walking several miles a day lately.  Ella's little feet were sore last night, so a day spent close to home might be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment