Thursday, April 19, 2018

Around Paris: Jardin des Plantes

"Paris comes alive in the spring."

So said a friend when I asked about what her not-to-miss sights were around Paris in the springtime.  We laughed over how cliché this sounded, but she insisted it was true, and I believe her.  Living in the city forces you to be outside whatever the weather, and winter is gray and wet and cold.  When the blue skies and warmer temperatures and cherry blossoms appear people come alive with them.


In the spring it feels nicer to meet people for walks instead of for coffee.  Anything that translates into "Garden of Plants" feels promising.


This cherry tree was the most beautiful I'd ever seen.


My camera has been getting a workout this month.  It wasn't very fun to carry it around in the winter with all the extra accouterments required in that season--big coats, scarves, gloves, hats--so I finally had a chance to break out my new wide-angled lens I got for Christmas.  It was so fun. 


We enjoyed lunch in the sunshine, the "baguette de jour," and discovered there were wallabies in residence, as well as a menagerie you had to pay to go inside.  

"...it would be lovely to sleep in a wild cherry-tree
all white with bloom in the moonshine, don't you think?"
- Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery -

No comments:

Post a Comment