Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday Favorites

The first thing that popped into my head as I sat down to write this post was something that was NOT my favorite this week, but I'll bypass that for the things that were.

1.  Easter Monday

I first heard the phrase "Easter Monday" while we were living in the UK.  The Monday after Easter is a Bank Holiday and part of the two-week Easter holidays from school, and it's such a great thing.  I know American pastors and the people who plan and sing in Easter Cantatas and even those who spend all morning preparing Easter Sunday lunch could really benefit from a holiday the day after Easter.


Our Easter Monday this year was spent with friends enjoying an amazing brunch.  Ella greatly enjoyed the overabundance of carbs.  Thanks to France she's learned the delights of Nutella on pancakes.

2.  Spring Blossoms and New Friends


We spent yesterday afternoon with a family who visited EIC Ternes on Sunday and had a great time getting to know them better.  They took us on a walk around their neighborhood.  It is one of the prettiest Paris suburbs I've seen.



I know I'm late to the party using this for history, but it's just SO GOOD.  History told as story (which it is!) is so captivating I'm never ready to stop reading.  The kids love it.  James especially loves the stories within the story when there are myths and legends from the different cultures included.  This week we've been reading about the kingdom of the Franks and Charles the Hammer and Charlemagne and who gave the rock of Gibraltar its name.  I should probably order the activity book. 

4.  A Friday Night Picnic


Temperatures reached the mid-60s this afternoon.  After school the kids and I went to the store for supplies and met K.J. after work in Tuileries for a picnic.  It was a delight to enjoy the warmth of the sun and short sleeves, even though I was wishing I'd brought a cardigan on the walk home.  

Happy Friday!  


2 comments:

  1. Love this glimpse of life for you guys! I want to check out the history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great! I've heard it's really good as an audiobook, too. Reading history like this solidifies all those little bits and pieces you remember from school. I love it.

    ReplyDelete