Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday Favorites, vol. ii

1.  a quieter grocery store and shopping for an entire week

A friend asked me this week what my biggest adjustment in moving to Paris was so far.  By far it's figuring out the grocery store and how to shop in a city where you can't load your trunk with bag upon bag of groceries but can only get what you can transport in your little shopping caddy and carry on foot.  It's a huge adjustment!  

The nearest store to us is always busy, everyone in a hurry, so shopping trips feel stressful.  The kids and I stopped in a store on the way home from the library Saturday that was so quiet, and we had such a peaceful shopping experience.  Bonus favorite:  we found some Reese's peanut butter amongst the small shelf of American imports!

Shopping is more than picking up a baguette for dinner...
though K.J. would be fine if that's all we ever ate.

2.  more sunshine than expected

I rushed everyone out for a Friday night picnic in the park  last week when the forecast predicted clouds and showers for several days.  I suppose living in North Yorkshire should have made me more doubtful of weather prediction, because while Monday was really rainy, there were lots of pockets of sunshine.

I went on an evening walk and discovered all the
fountains had been turned on with the nicer weather.

3.  seeing the cherry blossoms

I was told that the cherry blossoms were a not-to-be-missed part of a Paris spring, and they have not disappointed in the slightest!  They are so beautiful, and the smell is amazing, too.


4.  an after-dinner walk to a park

You know you're in for a nice park when you pass through gates like these on your way.


5.  my kids

They really have been two of my favorite parts of this week, just watching them learn and grow and being thankful for them.  K.J. could go ahead and be a bonus favorite for all his patience in living with me "in an understanding way."


What are some of your favorite things this week?  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the spring here wonderful? Ryan and I always say that when the sun is shining, the beauty of France is unparalleled. Also, I love that you have a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so beautiful! We're enjoying the longer sunny days so much. And thank you! :) I've been trying to write more again. I love having the record of memories from previous years!

      Delete