Saturday, March 31, 2018

Marching into Spring (See what I did there.)

Happy Saturday, and happy last day of March.  Happy Easter weekend, and surely winter is behind us now?  Here's our family record of this very transitional month.

March 1 - March brought sickness to our house.  It was especially scary when James' fever got up to 104, but we made it through, and I am thankful, especially considering how bad the flu has been this year.



March 2 - We thought this was a pretty grand walkway to our first visit to the doctor in Paris.  It was beautiful, but I did long for the comfort of the colorful walls of Tuscaloosa Pediatrics and the familiarity of the Wal-Mart pharmacy, I must say.



March 6 - Ella did some experimenting with watercolor pencils again.  I guess we were too sick to take pictures for a few days!



March 7 - Notre Dame - I escaped the house of sickness for a nice long walk.  Lately whenever I leave the house and walk 10,000 steps (which is often) I walk a hole into my sock.  I need thicker socks.



March 8 - Vegetable Soup and Baguette - K.J. gets a lot of pleasure in walking down to the bakery to buy a baguette at dinnertime.



March 10 - Part of our walk to the library these days



March 11 - There was a delightful break in the weather on our walk home from church.  We walk by Concorde a lot, and it never fails to take my breath away.  Part of this is because we're hemmed in by tall buildings most of the time, and this is the most wide-open space we see on a regular basis!  



March 12 - Sundays are long days out for us, so reading Monday feels like it should be a thing.



March 13 - McDonald's in France serves Evian bottled water.  I laughed yesterday when we were going out for the day and James asked if there was a bottle of Evian he could pack in case he got thirsty.  Cultural adaptations are fun.



March 14 - Meeting a Friend at the Playground



March 15 - Signs of Spring - I like to walk through parks when I can.  We really miss all the green spaces of North Yorkshire!



March 16 - Pretty Window 



March 17 - Ladies Retreat at EIC - It was a wonderful Saturday.



March 18 - First Sunday Meeting with the Core Team at Ternes



March 19 - The Coldest of Days



March 20 - History begets geography. They were coloring in the countries we've read about so far this semester.  (I started to say "term" English style.)



March 21 - Rabbit Faces - Ella doesn't like creepy mannequins, so I had to take a picture of these for her.



March 22 - Playing Monopoly with the Ultimate Gamer



March 23 - Seeing the Mona Lisa for the first time - Notice this masterpiece opposite Mona Lisa that fills up an entire vast wall.  But everyone kind of ignores it for that Mona Lisa selfie.


March 24 - A Field of Hyacinths



March 25 - They're serious about getting rid of those infamous rats.  And guys, I saw one.  Ella and I stopped at a little garden for me to find our Metro tickets, and what I at first mistook for a squirrel turned out to be a rat creeping through the shrubbery.  Gross.



March 26 - "Oh, no...I forgot to put on clothes again!"  K.J.'s captioning of statues continues.



March 27 - Library Day 



March 28 - A Gorgeous Spring Evening



March 30 - Browsing



It wasn't quite every day of the month, but there you have it.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment