Thursday, September 12, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Sometimes I worry about over-sharing about my kids and causing them embarrassment one day.  But James says so many crazy-funny things that I feel inclined to record them here.  Surely he won't be too embarrassed by things he said at three.

My boy has struggles with BMs.  He hates to have them.  It's such a problem that it's become a matter of prayer at our house.  This afternoon I prayed with James that God would help him go poo-poo and not be afraid.  I hesitated a little because you never know how kids are processing what you say, but I worry about the boy!  

Tonight after another unsuccessful bout of sitting on the potty, I told James he could get up, and I got him ready for bed.  I was giving him a good-night hug, relishing the feel of his sweet little arms around my neck, when he said confidentially, "I think God's gonna come to my house and make me go poo-poo."  I just laughed and said, "I wish He would."

James' other vice is sucking his thumb.  We tell him not to do it during the day when he slips into the habit; he's been told it's something babies do.  On Monday he said, "Mommy, I wish I was a small baby so I could suck my thumb like a baby."  I just love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment