Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Three Celebrations, Three Photos

We are leaving for the zoo in precisely one hour (do you think I should wake up my kids?), but here's a quick peek at James' birthday festivities thus far.

My parents came over to celebrate Saturday evening, bringing Henry and Salty the train with them.  James is greatly enjoying his new trains, carrying around 6 at a time in hands pressed close against his chest.  I put them in a tin lunchbox so he'd have something to carry them around in.

Sunday night we celebrated at the Mission Community.  James was working hard to figure out how to blow out that candle.  I heard him talking to himself in his room about his cake and blowing out the candle long after we put him to bed that night.

We started out his "real" birthday morning with Cake Batter pancakes with sprinkles (Oh, yes we did.) and took a day off from school just to enjoy James.  It was a pleasant day, followed by yet another celebration with KJ's parents.  Those pictures aren't on my computer yet, but they will be forthcoming.  

Now we're off for a birthday trip to the zoo with Uncle Jesse and Aunt Sandy.  I hope the rain holds off...

3 comments:

  1. I can NOT believe that I'm still awake - about to retire to bed, for sure! I had to check out your blog (maybe one last time) before life gets so crazy.
    I LOVE, love these pictures of your birthday boy. He looks so precious in each one. So thankful for all of the fun celebrations - he's worth it all and much, much more!

    We love James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ella's face in the picture of him blowing out his candles. Such a sweet expression...looks like alot of love between a sister and a brother! Happy Birthday James!

    ReplyDelete