Saturday, October 27, 2012

Public Service Announcement

If you have babies right now, you probably feel frazzled and wish you could get your life together a little better.  

Yesterday I had this really productive, organized day, where I felt good, too, (something that doesn't happen regularly) and I was thinking that part of the difference in my life is that my children are growing older, and everyday life is easier.  

I just spent some time wading through old blog posts to find a link to one I remembered writing about James, and when Ella was 3 and James was a baby, every single blog post sounded like I was on the verge of a small breakdown.  Every single one.  My favorite one I ran across was one in which Ella got her panties a little wet, and I went to get her clean ones for bed, and SHE DIDN'T HAVE ANY.  And my 3-year-old perfectionist had to go to bed without wearing panties, because apparently I was behind on the laundry.

This story comes at the end of a week where I've taken the Fly Lady's advice to heart about a "load of laundry a day keeps the CHAOS away."  And KJ came home from work and was changing clothes this week, and said, "Wow!  I've never seen the laundry basket empty!"  This is a win for me because he NOTICED.  Plus, my ironing basket was empty, too.  

So at the end of a week where I got my act together in one little area, it was good to look back and remember when my daughter had no clean underclothes, and I just wanted to say to everyone with children 3 and under, IT REALLY, ABSOLUTELY, GETS EASIER, and it's not you; it's the age of your kids.  Enjoy the fun parts of little Littles.  You won't always feel frazzled. 

P.S.  Every time I write a post about how good everything seems, tragedy seems to strike.  I'll probably pay in a lot sibling squabbles or #2 on the floor today for writing this, but so it is.  

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this, sweet Lynn. I love you & wish we were neighbors again. At least we're sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Life gets so much easier as they get older. They are more independent and can help Mom and help themselves. Unfortunately, we are at a stage where everyone is independent, but also extremely busy. There are times when laundry isn't clean and we are still often found standing in front of the dryer waiting for jeans to dry! I've also started trying to do at least one load of laundry a day. However, the folding and putting away doesn't get done - sadness. The ironing. Wow. That's a whole other story! I despise ironing. I think it's the dragging out the ironing board and putting it away that I hate. On second thought, no, I hate the actual ironing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find ironing is made easier while watching an intriguing television show. ;)

      Delete