Thursday, October 4, 2012

Family Update + A Beautiful Bride

KJ, James, and I made it through the night without incident.  Sickness, are you over?  One of the many things I hate about a stomach virus is how you can never underestimate it.  Are there germs still lurking about?  How long is the incubation period?  Should I go through the trouble of quarantining Ella in her room or just let the chips fall where they may?  I am trusting the Lord, and we shall see.

In other news, the newest member of our family was born last night!  I wish she wasn't a 13-hour drive away.  

I also thought I would share some pictures I took back in March but never got around to posting.  KJ officiated Cody and Melanie's wedding, and Melanie was kind enough to allow me to be with her and her bridesmaids as they prepared for her big day.  They stayed at a really lovely bed and breakfast, and as can only happen in the south, it was a beautiful spring day in March with flowers already in full bloom, absolute perfection.

 An awesome bathroom to get ready in, yes?

 Melanie was stunning.











 What's really special about their wedding bands?
Cody made them himself.
 And there you have it...my first go at bridal portraits.  It was a lot of fun and so special to be part of such a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice ring picture! What lens did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought a cheap macro lens that screws on the end of my 50mm last winter, and it works pretty well sometimes.

      Delete