Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tennessee Destination

Almost every summer and spring break of my childhood included riding bikes around the 11-mile loop of Cades Cove, and I was so happy to get to take Ella and James for the first time Friday night.  

We saw more deer up close and personal than I think I've ever seen before, but the kids were most excited about riding without seat belts and driving with the windows down.


They were the sweetest kids and the best travelers all day.  I decided to hike up to the John Oliver place to give them a chance to stretch their legs.  I have the cutest kids.



I was glad I brought the tripod and could hop in a few pictures with them.  This was their first time to see a log cabin, I think.
 
James opened the window and made himself right at home.  He was being such a good "cheeser" for me.
 

 See what I mean?  Cheeeese!!

 Closest I've been to a Buck


I was so afraid these three would all run away when I got out of the car.  James had started playing with a car and dropped it out of the window, so I had to pull over and get out to rescue Finn McMissile.  I got out of the car right in front of them, and they didn't appear too put out about it.  After fetching Finn I stooped down for a few pictures.

I'm so thankful I got to take them, and I can't wait to go back.  Maybe next time we can ride bikes.

2 comments: