Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My 3-Year-Old

While of course the nostalgia makes my heart ache, it's really fun and exciting having my baby get older.  He's talking and communicating intelligibly more than ever.  I'm able to take him out more easily and often...though it is still exhausting because of his boundless energy.  Still, he behaves so much better than his two-year-old self, as he should.
 
 My goodness, he looks big in that picture.  He hangs on to the side of the buggy when we walk through the grocery store.  He likes to play games, look at flashcards, and he even spent a good amount of time learning how to trace things in a new workbook I got him last week.

 I think he's cuter than ever; that's for sure.  He's turning into such a boy, too, in his absorption in playing Mario games on the Wii.  He holds the controller steady, with eyes fixed on the screen.  He is not, however, old enough to not cry huge crocodile tears when Da-da and Ella beat him or when he dies.  But that's okay.  He's still a little bit of a baby.

He loves to pretend and imagine things. Even when he was sick last week he spent a lot of time playing pirate.  I like listening to him talk as different characters.



I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment