Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Two Pumpkins

Last Friday when James was fully recovered from his stomach virus, and it was clear that none of us were going to come down with it, we took an afternoon trip to the pumpkin patch. 

I realized that I'd never actually taken my kids to pick out a pumpkin.  They've been with their grandmother, Ella went with her Uncle and cousins the year before that, and the year before that I'd just had James, and T left a beautiful pumpkin on our porch as a welcome home gift.  So, my first time.

When Ella was a baby I called her my little "punkin," which on occasion got shortened to little punk, and then I would laugh because it sounded so wrong to call my little roly-poly baby a punk.

They had a really good time, and we picked out the perfect pumpkin...which I just realized hasn't been photographed.  I was too busy hefting it to the checkout while holding a camera and making sure James stayed close by, since he absolutely refused to hold Ella's hand.

 He walks alone.

I was trying to think of things that made Ella smile naturally.  This smile came at the mention of Animaniacs.  She has good taste.  Other television that has made her laugh this week?  The Andy Griffith Show.  I put it on one night during dinner, and she complained but soon after was rolling with laughter over Barney, Gomer, and Earnest T. Bass.  It took one night to make her a devoted fan.


James was prevailed upon to get close to his sister one more time.  He really does love her.  We welcome you, Fall!  I've been buying anything with pumpkin in it...Pumpkin Pie Yogurt, Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese...I love marketing.

1 comment:

  1. I call MJ that same thing! punk...shortened from punkin, and I always hope no one hears me! haha. Beautiful babies, my friend.

    ReplyDelete