Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Day of Rest

This is the first Saturday in a long while I haven't had something I just had to get done.  It feels so nice, and I'm relishing the freedom of having accomplished previous tasks.  The kids slept in, I spent some time going through pictures of baby Karis, snuggled and talked with my husband, went for a jog, showered before 11 o'clock.  That's probably the biggest accomplishment of my day.

Ella requested three work assignments, and then she would play.  She is so me.  Get some work done, then have some free time.  Yes, kids learn from what they see around them.  So I told her to get dressed, clean her room, and walk through the house and pick up everything that belonged to her.  She did all of that while I showered and has been happily playing with Brave toys ever since.  James has been busy with his new passion, playing games on the Wii.  He is learning not to cry when he loses.  He did that earlier this week, and I made him turn off the game; he was a pretty fast learner on that one.  

KJ had to go to a funeral but should be home soon.  It's peaceful around here today.  I'm thinking potato soup for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment