Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Sweetest Boy

We took James out for a birthday photo shoot this morning on a whim of mine.  I was holding him in my arms like a baby while we watched Popeye (Ella's cartoon of choice this morning), and I asked him what kind of birthday party he wanted.

"Thomas the train bithday paa-ty."  

My mom had just gifted him with a new Thomas t-shirt, and I suddenly envisioned him in it down by the old railroad bridge.  KJ accommodated my whim, and James was the most grown-up he's EVER been about having his picture taken.  He seemed to understand it had something to do with his birthday party, and he was super-obliging for the first few pictures.  

Then at the end he said what he's been saying quite a lot lately.

"Hold me!"

I love that boy.  I can't believe he's almost 3.  I'm savoring 2 today.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Lynn. That picture makes my heart ache. Love the expressions on both of their faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen. I can't wait to see your baby's face soon.

      Delete
  2. Precious boy. Amazing picture. Savoring the 2, too.

    Thomas the train will be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete