Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ella's Blog (and lots of links)

Ella started a blog this past summer.  The postscript of THIS POST gives the background on her idea.  I didn't publicly link to her blog at first because I wanted to keep her readership to family, but since mostly family and friends (and a few friends of family) are my main readers, I wanted to link up to Ella today because she blogged for the first time in a couple of months.  I didn't want you to miss out on her burgeoning writing skills!

As a very brief background, KJ loves Tolkien, and this week, September 22, is the shared birthday of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins.  As I learned from having Peter Jackson in my Facebook feed, this week is dubbed Hobbit Week, celebrating the 75th publication of The Hobbit on September 21.  Ergo, because we like to celebrate the things we enjoy, I decided to make it fun and incorporate it into school this week.

Ella's Post

I forgot to add that the reason for Ella's return to blogging today was because she was supposed to write a journal entry for school.  I felt like her journal entry should take a blogging format today and give everybody a treat.  Leave her some comments to make her smile.

A few shenanigans from KJ's Instagram:  Reading 
                                                                  Watching
 

1 comment: