Saturday, September 8, 2012

I came across this quote this week.

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort
of feeling safe with a person:
having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words,
but to pour them out.
Just as they are--chaff and grain together,
knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness,
blow the rest away.

- George Eliot -

*I recently discovered that George Eliot, the author of Middlemarch, was actually
a pseudonym used by a lady named Mary Anne Evans.
I had no idea.    

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so the new Fall blog headers look FANTASTIC!

    What a beautiful quote; thank you for sharing.

    And the science post below - amazing & inspiring! Loved the Kilby quote, and I can't wait to watch the video. (I'm sitting in Claire's room while she's TRYING to go to sleep. I definitely want to hear your squeal :))

    Great getting to chat today! Thank you again for your sweet message, as well as for your prayers for your newest niece & me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I'm getting excited about some Fall color.

      It was so good getting to talk to you, too. I'll have to let you have a look at our Science Activities book at Christmas. ;)

      Delete