Sunday, September 2, 2012

Her Birthday

It's been such a silent week on the old blog...but not silent in the house where we live.  We've had school-work, and party-planning, and a James-with-a-fever to occupy our time.  And things have felt kind of crazy, and I have felt kind of crazy with the pressures of motherhood and really feeling the passage of time.  

James isn't awake yet for his morning fever-check (he's had one since Wednesday but thankfully hasn't felt too badly), so I'm not even sure if the friend part of Ella's party is going to happen.  It may need to be postponed.  Sickness has hit the houses of a couple of her friends she invited, as well.  So we're in a state of just going with it and making the call when we know what James' temperature is this morning.  He still had a low fever around 4:30 yesterday afternoon.

But today is Ella's birthday.  She just woke up and has a stuffy nose, but said, "I think I'm still good for my party."  Sweet girl.  

We'll be celebrating her 6 years today.

3 comments:

  1. Celebrating your sweet girl, too, and praying that everyone will be feeling better for the party . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella's No. 6 is marked on my calendar hanging in our kitchen. I saw it first thing this morning and thought of you and your sweet girl. How I miss our days swimming together... Ella and her grandmother :)

    Happy Birthday, Ella girl!

    ps Hope the sickness leaves your house soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Molly, for remembering us and our girl. I wish her grandmother were still here to have adventures with. (I think the sickness is passing. Whew...)

      Delete