Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thoughts and Feelings

  • I'm really thankful for the good trip home the kids and I made for Father's Day.  I love my dad and all the wonderful memories he made for our family growing up.
  • I was happy to get to visit with my brother, Josh, and his wife, Nicole.  Aren't they sweet?

  • I WAS feeling overwhelmed and stressed by the constant knocking at our door yesterday afternoon.  I barely made it out of the car after our arrival home before a neighborhood friend showed up, ready to play.  I'm trying to find a balance between our family's need for our own quiet life and having an open, friendly home.  I was feeling a little extra tense about it, though, because when we put James down for a nap, the doorbell rang, and when we put him to bed, the doorbell rang.  I have a sign I put out, but I haven't known it was necessary to do at 7 p.m.  I get tense when my baby's sleep is interrupted. 
  • I'm wondering if I should go on an outing today or stay home and let KJ take my car since his car is cutting off when he stops at lights and obviously needs to go back to the shop.  He says he can make it another day.  Hmmm...
  • I'm thinking about school options for Ella and lamenting the passing of nearly five years of being the center of her world, while at the same time wanting to embrace each stage of parenting and excited about the broadening of her horizons.  Sigh.
  • I'm trying to teach James to share.
  • I'm loving the sight of Ella's princess dolls riding around in the Batmobile.  Nice ride.
  • I'm thankful to my mother for putting my flat iron, toothbrush, mousse, retainer, illuminating spray, and other toiletries in the mail today since I left them all at home.
  • I'm thinking it's time I got up from the computer and started the morning chores.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I know all your "Thoughts and Feelings" before reading them. I enjoy sharing life with you.

    Much Love,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete