Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Capturing the Moment

I love taking pictures.  I really, really, really LOVE taking pictures.  Now and again I feel a slight anxiety at the amount of hard drive space I'm taking up on our computer.  We have A LOT of hard drive space, and I know I can back pictures up in other places, but I still feel bad about it for some reason.  


For about the third night in a row now the evening brought darker clouds and the rumble of thunder, but for the third night in a row now we have missed out on the rain.  I'm starting to long for it to rain.  When the wind started picking up tonight the kids and I went outside, and I proceeded to take 62 pictures.  Yes, 62.  But you know what?  It's so worth it.  Maybe only 10 of those pictures are any good, but you have to take 62 pictures sometimes to get ONE picture like this:




And I know I'm his mother, but doesn't this picture make you want to squeeze him close and kiss that sweet face?  




I couldn't decide which way I liked it most.  I definitely prefer a more vintage look, because I think it has that feel.  Since he's wearing nothing but a diaper and holding a water hose, this photograph could have been taken at anytime...since the invention of the water hose, I guess.




Which do you like best?

4 comments:

  1. It DOES take snapping dozens and dozens of pictures to capture the "the one." I'm learning that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn your pictures are so good and I LOVE seeing them on your blog! I pick the second one! I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 2 is my vote! Very talented, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number two was my favorite, too. :) After I posted and said I couldn't decide, I decided. :) Thank you, ladies.

    ReplyDelete