Sunday, June 26, 2011

Seeing His Face

A couple of weeks ago the kids and I were able to visit KJ's grandparents, and I posted several great pictures I had of Pop, taken over the years since I've been a Pugh.  Pop passed away on Friday night, and we are preparing to drive down for his funeral service tomorrow.  Please pray for our family.  


The first time I met Pop, KJ and I were only friends.  I drove up with another friend to hear KJ preach at Granny and Pop's church one Sunday when we were in college.  Pop welcomed me then with the same warm hug he welcomed me with each and every time I saw him after that.  KJ's grandparents lived on the road between school and home, and it was such a joy to stop and visit with them on our trips there and back again.  I'm so thankful for those memories.  


The words to Isaac Watts' hymn, Windows of Thy Grace, were running through my head yesterday.  I know I've posted them here before, but they were so encouraging to my heart, as I was reminded that Pop is now seeing Christ's face.  It is a sad time for our family, but after talking to several different Pughs, I know they are grieving with hope, putting their faith in God's promises that Pop's faith has been changed to sight.

I love the windows of thy grace,
Through which my Lord is seen,
And long to meet my Savior’s face
Without a glass between.

Oh that the happy hour were come
To change my faith to sight!
I shall behold my Lord at home
In a diviner light.

Haste, my Beloved, and remove
These interposing days;
Then shall my passions all be love,
And all my powers be praise.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Bring me to tears, make me long for Home beautiful.

    ReplyDelete