Monday, April 18, 2011

Last Week

Last Monday morning I didn't think I had anything to do until Friday morning, but the week suddenly became quite a full one with our surprise trip to the beach with KJ's mom.  We had such a good time, despite our sun burns, and now this mama knows that long days at the beach require higher SPFs, no matter how well your skin tans.  We are now peeling a little bit in our worst places and turning brown in the least-burned places.  



Thursday I spent the day unpacking and re-packing for a trip home to attend the wedding of one of my best friends from Junior High and High School.  We used to spend a lot of time together roller-blading, playing Scrabble, and dreaming about our FMs (Future Mates).  I'm so happy she's now found hers.


I was able to see so many friends from the past, and it was really fun to reunite with these girls.

This is Kristen and Kristen.
We're making sure there's no food in our teeth before KJ takes the picture.
He took the picture anyway.
I love it.

We haven't been together in 1 year and 9 months,
or since the Kristen on the right got married in 2009.
I'm really glad her husband, Corey, told us to put our heads together.
We've been friends since I was eleven.
I think that makes our friendship 18 years old. 
[Gasp!]

The weekend was also filled with time with my family and some eagle-watching with my dad.  As you may well imagine I have hundreds of pictures to go through, and hopefully some of them will find their way here this week.  But as of now, I've spent entirely too much time at the computer, and I think my children need me.  Oh, but wait!  I'm almost forgetting my favorite picture from the wedding!

Eighteen years of friendship + wonderful, godly husbands who
would be really good friends, too, given the chance.
I love that.
I do think that KJ and Corey follow each other on Twitter.

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is
from above, coming down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful, Lynn. I'm so thankful for the time that you and Ella had at the beach together ~ despite the sunburns. So thankful for the reunion with some kindred spirits. You ladies are beautiful! And thankful K.J. enjoyed himself with the guys, too. Love you so, and thanks for the comment on our blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eighteen years! God is good, isn't He? So thankful for our fun weekend, and for a couple of sweet hours to catch up a little (thank you KJ)!!

    ReplyDelete