Friday, April 8, 2011

Backyard Toys = Lots of Noise

Yesterday I made a trip to Wal-Mart and the grocery store.  While in Wal-Mart I stumbled upon two full aisles of backyard toys for hours of summer fun.  It drew me in completely.  Now that I have a little boy whose greatest thrill in life is going outside, I can see a lot of potential in having fun outdoor toys.  Bats, balls, sprinklers, bubbles...there were so many worthy ones to choose from.  But then I remembered the one toy I really wanted James to have.  It's quintessential American toddler-hood.  Truthfully, I always thought Ella would enjoy one, too, but I never bought one, and my babies won't be with me forever.  So this precious item went into the buggy, and it was an instant hit.



James was napping when I came home from the store, but KJ put it together when James woke up, and he pushed it the rest of the night.  The sound effects have greatly improved since KJ and I were kids, making a very realistic lawnmower sound.  I've already had to hide it periodically because my ears can't take the constant noise.  We were outside at 8:30 this morning mowing the backyard.  We haven't even installed the bubbles yet.  For now, pushing that lawnmower is entertainment enough.

And as for Ella, she didn't get left out of the fun.  Don't worry about her.


She's been equipped with sidewalk chalk, crayons, and stencils for her drawing pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. FUN!! I hope you have a great weekend with the new toys.

    ReplyDelete