Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Feeling Thankful

We had such a pleasant day at home yesterday.  School went absolutely amazingly with James.  I couldn't believe how agreeable he was and how much effort he put into his work.  I had spent time in prayer before the day started, and I was so blessed by seeing such sweet answers.

James practiced tracing numbers while I went over addition flash cards with Ella.  I could not believe how well he did.  He was in the kitchen floor and turned around to me and said, "My two is really great."  And it was.

My Diligent Workers

When doing activities he was so proud of himself for doing well and colored while saying, "My hand's not getting tired!"  His coloring seemed to be a million times better than it had ever been before, too.  I was so impressed.

Ella had a really great day yesterday, too, and she was such a sweet sister, cheering James on in his work.  He even gave writing his name his best shot even though he said it was hard.

  The lowercase Ms were throwing him off,
so he went with a capital. :)

I went through the whole day feeling so thankful for all the creative play going on, for the peace of being home together, and in my free time in the afternoon did a little blog-hopping, stumbling on a link to a lady's blog who lost her 12-year-old son in a tragic accident, and I was overwhelmed with even more thankfulness.  It made me remember that each day truly is a gift, and we don't know how many we have, how long we'll get to hold our little ones close.  I know that's not a new sentiment, just a true fact that sometimes hits us harder than at other times.  

Therefore, I am thankful.  I'm thankful for play and exercise, the meatloaf with the honey garlic barbecue sauce that was delicious, for a sweaty little boy and girl laughing in the backyard with their daddy, for Ella's cackling laughter at The Andy Griffith Show, and so many more things. 

Every good thing given and every perfect gift
is from above, coming down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
- James 1:17 -

No comments:

Post a Comment