Tuesday, April 23, 2013

On the Road in Faraway Places

I have been looking forward to our mission trip to Paris so much, looking forward to what God will do in us and through us, looking forward to fellowship with other believers, looking forward to Paris itself... But over the past couple of days as KJ and I have gotten our plans solidified for our vacation/anniversary trip during the week after, my heart has reached the overflowing with excitement point.  It's really fun when it's the two of us.


New foods, new places, UNINTERRUPTED CONVERSATION. I know all you other folks with young children can relate.  Not being apart for two whole weeks?  Yes, we are getting excited.  It's hard to get my head out of the clouds.

We do have quite a good time together when we're on the road.  We've got our car rented (KJ has so much fun driving tiny European cars.), our route mapped out, and a remote control for the camera for lots of pictures of the two of us.

I need to make sure we have plenty of good France-related reading material and a good soundtrack for the road.  One of the most fun parts of our drive-time in England was reading Dickens' history of England aloud, and one of our regrets was not having all of our British soundtracks for the car.  It would have accompanied the rolling hills so nicely.

My England-loving heart had no idea I could be so excited about France, but my culture-immersion plan has had good effect, and I have high expectations, especially since I'll be in good company.

The best company really.  Happy 9 years to us.  They have been years of many graces and kindnesses of the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. I keep coming back to this post. I'm blessed to have such a Companion on the road in faraway places.

    ReplyDelete