Friday, April 19, 2013

Franco-Fridays: Leaving my Kids

James woke up crying at 12:30 last night.  He said the rain scared him and pitifully asked, "You take care of me??"

After getting up again 15 minutes later I decided I should just stay up for a little while and make sure he got back to sleep, and by the time I crawled back in bed it was that late time of night where all my fears and parenting guilt came crashing in, specifically about leaving the kids for two weeksWe leave two weeks from today, and there is a lot of planning going on around here.

This morning I made the kids get in bed with me; I was feeling kind of emotional, and I told them I loved them and that I'd miss them when we left for France.  Ella's cheery response?

"Yeah, but we're gonna have a really good time, too!"

James joined in, "We're goin' to T's house?"

"Yes, you're going to T's house, James." 

"Yay!!!!!  T's house!!"

Ella said, "We're going to Debbo's house, then T's house, then Debbo's house again, then back to T's house."

There were a lot of giggles from James at this point.  Clearly, I should leave my guilt and fears behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment