Thursday, April 4, 2013

James: The Stuff He Says

I'm off to a little bit of a late start this morning after being awakened by James at 4 a.m.

"Mommy, my pants are wet," whispered in my ear.  I desperately wanted to roll back over and continue my deep-sleep stage, but there was no movement from KJ's side of the bed, so it was up to me.  I later found out said husband took a Benadryl before bed. 

But speaking of James, I wanted to record some of his sayings around here lately.  His vocabulary has been expanding, and he has very original phraseology.  It's always so much fun when your children increase their use of language, because you never know what's going to come out of their mouths. 

Our favorite James expression that has continued for several months now is, "Turn around your face!"  

This is used when he wants your full attention about something.  He wants you to look fully at him, or whatever he's talking about.  This is only frustrating when I know exactly what he's talking about, but he still makes me stop what I'm doing and fully engage.  Turn around your face!

James had us laughing over the weekend at my parents' house, too. My mom gave me some money to buy the kids a toy at Wal-Mart, and when we reached the aisle of NERF guns, James exclaimed, "I could use one of those!"  He got one of course, and it was such a hit, Ella was regretting her doll furniture.  Upon asking James if she could have a turn he said, "You go play with girl toys, Ella."  Sometimes our kids are so sexist.

We had such a good time visiting with my grandparents, and after my Papa invited James to go with him on a motorcycle ride, James informed us, "I'm scared of motorcycles, but I ride my bike.  You ride your bike slowly, and I ride my bike with you."

Two nights ago at dinner James got really excited about eating baked beans.  "I like beans!  Mommy, put these beans in my mouth."  I guess he didn't want to risk dropping any of the beans off his fork.  They were too tasty to eat by himself.

That boy is a lot of fun.  I better get school going before I start hearing the chant I heard ad infinitum yesterday:  "Mommy, give me something to do!  Give me something to do!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment