Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday This and That

  • Change on the blog again  I just couldn't handle using a template not powered by Blogger at this point in my life.  Since I know next to nothing about html code it takes me hours to figure out how to make changes that may not even work anyway, and I just don't have time for that.  My children get antsy.
  • Summer has been fabulous.  I can't say enough how good it is to have Ella home.  Having her all the time reiterates how little time I had with her during the school year.  She's such a great girl.  I love teaching her and being with her.  James would second that.
  • Ella and I are participating in the public library's summer reading program.  We signed up last Thursday.  Ella pledged to read 63 books by the end of July.  She's 17 books into her goal.  I, on the other hand, let Ella talk me into pledging to read 15 books.  This is a puny goal compared to my 15-year-old self, but a seemingly overwhelming one with my present responsibilities.  IT'S A GOOD THING THEY LET ADULTS COUNT AUDIOBOOKS AND MOVIES!  So, I'm one movie into my goal.  Ha!  To my credit, I'm in the middle of The Three Musketeers, and it's a hefty-sized book.
  • I got my car back.  After four weeks without it, this has been the first full week of having a car at my beck and call.  It is definitely a luxury, and we left the house every morning this week except for yesterday.  It's 8-9 hours before Daddy comes home.  That's a long time to stay within the confines of our home.  Freedom of movement is bliss.
  • James has slept without bars the past two nights.  He didn't get out of bed.  He's been great.  
  • I put James in underwear for the majority of the day yesterday.  We had one successful period of him keeping a pair dry and going in the potty.  The rest of the time was spent having accidents on my carpet.  Why do the accidents always happen on the carpet as soon as he steps off the hard floor?
  • Speaking of James, he ran a mystery fever Wednesday night-through lunch yesterday.  He had no other symptoms.  
  • I get to take pictures of two babies this weekend.  I'm excited about the preciousness of that.  A 6-month old baby boy and a 10-day old little girl.  
  • We're celebrating KJ all weekend with his favorite things.  I came back from the store last night with fresh salsa, ice cream sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, Poppyseed Chicken fixin's, and Wal-Mart brand Root Beer.  I promise that's his favorite.  I also plan on picking up a Barbecue Chicken Pizza from Cici's on Father's Day.   He's a dad worth celebrating.
  • We're anticipating a visit with cousins next week!  But please pray for the dear Kizziahs.  Claire-bear got a stomach bug, so we're praying for the germs to stop with her.  Poor sweet girl.
 
And I think that's about it for us.  Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Haha! Loved hearing KJ's favorites...enjoy your fun weekend celebrating your wonderful man! Also, I have to say...I like this blog layout better than the other one anyway. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I like it better, too. I couldn't figure anything out with that other one anyway. :) Hey, maybe you'll make Corey a DAD on Father's Day! I know you'd love that. I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for big boy James, as well as having your little reader home with you all day! Such a blessing.

    Thank you for celebrating my brother & taking such great care of him; puts a sister at ease :)

    And I really appreciate you asking for prayer for our girl; she went to bed with a temperature, so we'll see how she fares in the morn. Afraid I'll have to send my boys to church unaccompanied on Father's Day.

    The blog looks great, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. Praying for you. I'm sorry for the stress unexpected sickness brings.

      Delete
  4. Praying for sweet Claire! (and Mama Katie, too)

    Happy Father's Day to KJ! He is a dad worthy of celebrating.

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, Molly. I know they appreciate your prayers.

      Delete